As a Christian Higher Education Provider, CHC seeks to employ suitably qualified and experienced staff who are able to integrate faith and learning perspectives from a Christian worldview.
CHC staff are committed to academic freedom and are committed to the exploration and communication of the distinctive ways in which Christians answer life’s ultimate questions in the broader context of a Christ-centred, biblically based worldview. In this way, the College contributes to the diversity of Australian higher education, which already provides many options for those without a particular interest in exploring Christian perspectives. The College brings to its mission and to the practice of Christian scholarship staff who are diverse in terms of the breadth of theological background and denominational experience but united in seeking ways to seamlessly integrate faith and learning across all fields of human learning and endeavour.
Christian Heritage College invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the following positions. Please refer and adhere to the specific application procedures contained within each position’s information.
The College seeks a dynamic and results-oriented finance manager from the not for profit, corporate or commercial sectors with experience in Higher Education an advantage.
Reporting to the Vice President – Advancement and Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for the financial health of Christian Heritage College; producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research; and in guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term; and the leadership of a dedicated team in the business office
• Playing a key role in the budgeting, forecasting and planning process
• Financial modelling, analysis and presentation of findings to senior stakeholders and executive team
• Preparation and review of the monthly business performance report and rolling forecasts
• Overseeing annual tax processes
• Development and refinement of management accounting and reporting, including metrics/KPIs and enhanced business analysis
• Completion of statutory financial accounts
• Ensuring adherence with group policies and procedures
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
• Membership of a professional accounting body
• Several years of experience in a finance role;
• Leadership skills and experience;
• Employee management;
• Understanding of data privacy standards;
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Deep understanding of business principles and practices;
• Strong leadership, motivational and problem solving skills
• Strong analytical, modelling and commercial reporting skills
• Integrity, honesty and professional confidentiality
You’ll find the position description here.
Sessional Academics (part-time/casual)
CHC is always seeking to receive expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals for occasional appointments as sessional lecturers and tutors in our five teaching areas – Education and Humanities, Business, Liberal Arts, Ministries and Social Sciences. If you would like to be considered for these appointments, please forward an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following items:
• Cover Letter
• Full CV including qualifications and work experience
• Names of three referees (including a Christian pastor/minister)