As a Christian Higher Education Provider, CHC seeks to employ suitably qualified and experienced staff who are able to integrate faith and learning perspectives from a Christian worldview.
CHC staff are committed to academic freedom and are committed to the exploration and communication of the distinctive ways in which Christians answer life’s ultimate questions in the broader context of a Christ-centred, biblically based worldview. In this way, the College contributes to the diversity of Australian higher education, which already provides many options for those without a particular interest in exploring Christian perspectives. The College brings to its mission and to the practice of Christian scholarship staff who are diverse in terms of the breadth of theological background and denominational experience but united in seeking ways to seamlessly integrate faith and learning across all fields of human learning and endeavour.
Christian Heritage College invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the following positions. Please refer and adhere to the specific application procedures contained within each position’s information.
Christian Heritage College (CHC) is a Higher Education provider in Carindale, Qld, and offers a Christian alternative to students seeking a university-level qualification.
CHC was founded in 1986 and sought to re-imagine how people think about human flourishing, vocation, calling and the integration of faith and learning across a range of disciplines.
CHC’s learning community is over 800 students that offers more than 20 courses across five major fields – Business, Education & Humanities, Liberal Arts, Ministries and Social Sciences.
We are seeking an experienced Accountant who will be responsible for the daily accounting functions of CHC.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you be responsible for:
- Invoicing of Tuition Fees to students and other general Accounts Receivable functions;
- Bank reconciliations and supporting the Finance Manager with cash management;
- End of month general ledger journals and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reports as directed by the Finance Manager;
- Preparation of payroll tax, BAS and other reporting obligations; and
- Support the Finance Manager with special projects (including annual budget and audit), other ad-hoc tasks and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Accounting/Bookkeeping; or equitable industry experience;
- Previous experience in payroll;
- Previous experience working in a small/medium sized business of between 25-100 staff;
- Mature Christian Character and can provide a Pastoral Reference;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Highly ethical, consultative and team-oriented approach;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Eager to learn and seeking development opportunities;
- A self-motivated, empowering personality and character with definitive analytical skills;
- Previous experience in using Attache accounting software desirable but not essential.
Start Date: 29th January 2018
How to apply:
Please attach cover letter and CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessional Academics (part-time/casual)
CHC is always seeking to receive expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals for occasional appointments as sessional lecturers and tutors in our five teaching areas – Education and Humanities, Business, Liberal Arts, Ministries and Social Sciences. If you would like to be considered for these appointments, please forward an application via email to email@example.com and include the following items:
- Cover Letter
- Full CV including qualifications and work experience
- Names of three referees (including a Christian pastor/minister)