Counselling and Support Centre
The CHC Counselling and Support Centre has been established to fulfill the need in our community for professional, effective and affordable counselling.
This is available to CHC and the wider community, and counselling for CHC students is FREE.
The CHC Counselling & Support Centre promotes counselling where you are empowered to facilitate your own counselling journey. Counsellors** will assist you to identify your desired outcomes and provide appropriate guidance or intervention to open new horizons for you as you take this journey. In this safe, friendly environment you can be assured that you will be valued as an individual and helped as you take a necessary journey to a fulfilled life.
Phone: 07 3347 7972
- All counselling sessions are by appointment only.
- After hours appointments can be arranged under special circumstances.
- No referral necessary for initial appointments.
** Our student counsellors are thoroughly trained in a variety of counselling theories, therapies and techniques that have been proven effective in dealing with the problems faced in the fast-paced and sometimes confusing world we live. While they have completed the majority of their course work, they are also mentored by an academic staff member and supervised by a registered counsellor.
- A flat rate fee of $20.00 per hour session. This is designed to be affordable and accessible to everyone.
- A fee of $10.00 per person will be charged for group or team sessions.
- Payment is to be made at the time of consultation.
- EFTPOS and card facilities are available.
- There is no charge for CHC Students.